Actor Donald Sutherland dies aged 88

Oggiman

Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actor Donald Sutherland, star of films including The Hunger Games and Don't Look Now, has died at 88 after a long illness.

His son, the actor Kiefer Sutherland, announced his father's death in a statement.

"With a heavy heart, I tell you that my father, Donald Sutherland, has passed away. I personally think one of the most important actors in the history of film," he said.
"Never daunted by a role, good, bad or ugly. He loved what he did and did what he loved, and one can never ask for more than that. A life well lived."

Sutherland starred in films including The Dirty Dozen, MASH and Klute.

One of the Canadian actor's breakout roles was as Hawkeye Pierce, a surgeon in the 1970 film version of MASH, a comedy about medics in the Korean War.

Read HERE

RIP Donald

Stole the show for me in film Kelly's Heroes (aka Sergeant Oddball)

R.I.P. Donald Sutherland.
A great actor from generation of great actors.
Who could forget Sergeant Oddball.

For in his role in the movie National Lampoon’s Animal House he was offered a fee of $25000 or a 2% share of the profits.
He took the fee because he thought the film would bomb but it didn’t and he would have made between $15 and $20 million.

big loss was only thinking about him last week when i seen him in a newest series and was like "wtf he is still working."

He has been in some amount of movies and tv.

Mash tv series : Kelly's Heroes : Don't look now : Hunger games : Loads of good roles ::

RIP

Back