Anyone tried Preventon firewall?

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
I suppose somebody out there is like me and watches QVC when they are bored? Seen them advertising a firewall by Preventon which apparently masks your PC from other users. Just wondered if anyone has tried it and if it's any good? Basically should be moving shortly and going Broadband but would like a good firewall. I'm currently running Norton Systemworks which has the antivirus/ firewall as part of the package but the subsription is due to run out. It won't let me connect to the server to renew it. Don't know why. Or is there anyway I can get round the subscription renewal?

havent used that proggy before m8, but as your anti-virus and firewall are needing renewed dont bother...they are on my share on the hub....might aswell get them for nowt.....lol

first you will have to get rid of the old A/V and firewall.......by reg editing it......to clean it out of your system....also on my share..

I found this out when my old security was up for renewal and wouldent let me install the new ones before all was cleaned out......(may i add that this was the original security came with the pc)

hope this helps m8...

Gary

Cheers gary. I'll try that. I've heard a lot of people mentioning Zonealarm as a good firewall as well as a few magazines recommending it. So maybe that's the one to go for.

neowatch/neotrace

best i have found yet/fosi can help obtain these

neowatch/neotrace

just checked rules if u need link to fosi will have to pm me.
have fun all:Clap:

Back