Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can't flash DM 7020 Si.

Dkstyle

Inactive User
Hi All,

Been trying to get my old original DM 7020 Si back into action. I wanted to update it with a newer image since it have now been in use for 3 years, but no matter what I do, I can't be allowed to flash it. It's been some years since I last played around with a Dreambox, but I tried to follow the different flash guides, but with no luck.

When I try to flash with a browser, after picking the image, and pressing "Flash" NOTHING happens. No errors, no nothing. And I tried 4-5 different 7020 images. I also tried with both IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

If I then try to use Flashwizzard, I just get an "this image is not valid" error every time.

What can be wrong ? Am I trying the wrong images (like an image for a clone box ?) or what else can I be doing wrong ? Maybe someone can point me to an image that should work 100% on an original DM 7020 Si box, and I can try that. Since I am pretty much our of ideas by now.

Hi All,

Been trying to get my old original DM 7020 Si back into action. I wanted to update it with a newer image since it have now been in use for 3 years, but no matter what I do, I can't be allowed to flash it. It's been some years since I last played around with a Dreambox, but I tried to follow the different flash guides, but with no luck.

When I try to flash with a browser, after picking the image, and pressing "Flash" NOTHING happens. No errors, no nothing. And I tried 4-5 different 7020 images. I also tried with both IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

If I then try to use Flashwizzard, I just get an "this image is not valid" error every time.

What can be wrong ? Am I trying the wrong images (like an image for a clone box ?) or what else can I be doing wrong ? Maybe someone can point me to an image that should work 100% on an original DM 7020 Si box, and I can try that. Since I am pretty much our of ideas by now.

Have you tried with DreamUP it does seem the only option you have not tried.

ah, ok.. I'm affraid I do not have such a cable.. Guess I have to see if I find a place to buy one then :( But thanks!

A well know auction site has them listed mate, if you have a Maplins near buy they may have one.

Back