chipmunks

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
does anybody keep them on here,my daughter wanted a hamster for her birthday until i shown her some chipmunks,i had some myself a few moons ago and wondered if anybody had them and could take some pictures of there setups to give me some idea when i a cage for it or them lol:proud:

and any tips

Chipmunks are cute and fun to watch, and are active during the day (not nocturnal). If you are lucky they will get tame enough to climb and sit on you, but they are not cuddly and don't like being picked up.

The best pets we had were fancy rats. They are more friendly and intelligent, don't mind being handled, have 'personalities' and some may even play fetch with a ball or toy. Make sure you get young ones, 6 weeks or under, not the adults you often see in pet shops - adults are likely to be less tame unless they have been handled a lot.

Last edited:
You have read the bright side[above comments]

The little bastards are a bundle of NRG and require nearly 90% of your time,trust me ........if you think i,m bullshitting then they will gladly eat/chew/spit and make fucking horrible noises while they strip your beloved home.

Buy all means call the vicious fooks Alvin,theodore and Bobs your uncle.............Bad idea for a pet.

You have been warned lol

had some a while ago and they where mad,i know they will need a big cage and stuff and probably would be in my pc room or if you a posh coont(office pmsl) i have a staff dog but that wouldnt be a problem,would be nice to see a setup inside the house

My m8 had some.. Viscious little fookers. They had never heard the expression "dont bite the hand that feeds you".

Viscious little fookers. They had never heard the expression "dont bite the hand that feeds you".

My point exactly,little bastards who look like like butter would not melt in there mouth. The truth is they are the RAPISTS of the animal[pet]World

Good luck with the fookers

The truth is they are the RAPISTS of the animal[pet]World

Good luck with the fookers[/QUOTE]

Quality Phil pmsl.

They sound like a great pet to buy someone you don't like, ;).

Have you thought of getting a couple of ferrets, they are quite small and fun to watch and
you can handle them without being savaged.

i used to have 2 of them, and i had a 6foot bird aviary for them, had them approx 8 years, great pets, and mine were very tame, i used to let them run round and climb curtains.

i had a rare white one and the normal brown one.

the brown one had to have a testicle removed under surgery, as for some reason, it tripled in size and was possible cancer, the vet said it was his first testicle removal on a chipmonk, but they did a great job, and he lived for another 3 years after.

i think my other one died due to lonliness after the white female one died, as he would make a chirping sound to call her after the death.

they do get high though:

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2yIEYdKg4&feature=related]YouTube - Alvin and the Chipmunks - Because I Got High[/ame]

Back