connect to ip cam from dyndns on android phone

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as the title says guys im wanting to setup my ip cam so i can connect to it from my android phone, so far iv setup the dyndns account in the settings for the cam, it said successfully connected to my account, i have forwarded the static ip of cam in my router, in my case 192.168.1.50, and set it port 85, but this is where im stuck, exactly how do i connect to my dyndns account from my phone, do i enter it as an address from my phones browser or what, if so what is the exact format to do this, i really have no idea, i also have a app called ip cam viewer on my phone which i can connect to no problems and view the cam on my internal network via wireless, but i want to be able to access this from my phone when out and about, ie, on an external ip address, can anyone help me do this, thanks!

dns is for if your ip changes but if you have set it as a static (or your ip doesnt change) with a port assigned then just paste your ip addy followed by :85

so 78.156.1.234:85 obvs that ip is fake but put yours in like that with the : and your port number you will get a pop up box input user and pass and presto.

i have two of the ip cams running both set to different ports so i can watch them both.

if your ip changes all the time just paste the dns addy into the browser and it will forward you to your network.

dns is for if your ip changes but if you have set it as a static (or your ip doesnt change) with a port assigned then just paste your ip addy followed by :85

so 78.156.1.234:85 obvs that ip is fake but put yours in like that with the : and your port number you will get a pop up box input user and pass and presto.

i have two of the ip cams running both set to different ports so i can watch them both.

if your ip changes all the time just paste the dns addy into the browser and it will forward you to your network.
thanks mate ill give that a go soon and report back!

cheers thommo mate that worked spot, much appreciated!

Back