ebay scam

yogie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just recieved this email from some wan*** trying to access my ebay account:

Dear eBay Member,
We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended until verification due to the violation of our site policy below:
False or missing contact information - Falsifying or omitting your name, address, and/or telephone number (including use of fax machines pager numbers, modems or disconnected numbers).
Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This prohibition includes the registering of a new account.
Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable.
eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

You are required to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

Do they think I am going to log on and give them my details. I think not.

yogie said:
Just recieved this email from some wan*** trying to access my ebay account:

Dear eBay Member,
We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended until verification due to the violation of our site policy below:
False or missing contact information - Falsifying or omitting your name, address, and/or telephone number (including use of fax machines pager numbers, modems or disconnected numbers).
Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This prohibition includes the registering of a new account.
Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable.
eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

You are required to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

Do they think I am going to log on and give them my details. I think not.

got loads of these b4....mail e-bay and they will say the same as me .......ignore and delete!! in short

some ppl are dummies!!!..LOL

feck it looks like their log in page !! contact them first as gary says

i think that is there site as false passwords don't work. on the other spoof site it would accept any user name and password

Try Navigating to ebay without using the link so you know for sure you are on ebay and the try to log in, if there is a problem it will tell you then

this is a new one as i have had most of them. it could be that someone may have already had access to you account and ripped someone off or sold some iffy goods in which case you would find out in your my ebay account if you can still access it . as far as i am aware ebay never ask you to verify your account as they have your details so they don't need you to verify them.
sometimes if you have your credit card info on there and the card expires. if you can still use you ebay account in the normal way then i would say its a %100 scam and never enter your details .If you can no longer log into your account then i would guess its been already been used by someone else and they could have sold items and you could end up with the ebay fees also a closed account . just try to access you account from your normal link and not the one on the e-mail
you can forward the e-mail here [email protected]. takes them a couple of days to reply .

from ebay site

Examples of real eBay addresses:
*ttp://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/
*ttp://arribada.ebay.co.uk/
Examples of fake eBay addresses:
*ttp://[email protected]/
*ttp://signin-ebay.co.uk/

well feck me i just got my one lol. slightly differant wording i have forwarded to ebay looks like the same url as above .i have not sold anything on ebay for over a year so i know its bollox. also these links are to the usa ebay not the uk one .
Dear eBay customer,

Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further.Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

To confirm your identity with us click here:
http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?OneTimePayment&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

wow that was a quick reply
Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay's Trust and Safety Department about email
solicitations that are falsely made to appear to have come from eBay or
PayPal. These emails, commonly referred to as "spoof" messages, are
sent
in an attempt to collect sensitive personal information from recipients
who reply to the message or click on a link to a Web page requesting
this information.

The email you reported did not originate from, nor is it endorsed by,