htc one m7 backup & update

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, just recently got a HTC one m7 , always been on ios phones, got phone set up how I want it but seen yesterday it's on android 4.4.2. , so im wanting to update the phone, when you update does it wipe the phone first ?
Also what's the best way to backup the HTC one m7 so it's a full back up ? Program like iTunes for ios device's, ,
Thanks

Hi, just recently got a HTC one m7 , always been on ios phones, got phone set up how I want it but seen yesterday it's on android 4.4.2. , so im wanting to update the phone, when you update does it wipe the phone first ?
Also what's the best way to backup the HTC one m7 so it's a full back up ? Program like iTunes for ios device's, ,
Thanks

If you've received the OTA update it won't wipe your phone, it never on mine. As for backing up I think you can do it via HTC sync on your pc but I've never used it or I think there's a back up on the phone but never used that either. I rooted and back up using twrp and tb

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4.4.2 is the latest official for an M7 I'm sure (I've got an unlocked one & did an update on it yesterday). Custom ROM if you want anything newer. HTC backup on phone for me but not had occasion to check if it works ok yet, it seems to back up alright but ain't had to do a restore (yet).
HH.

Dint realise 4.4.2 was latest thought there was a 4.4.4 but now think it's only for certain device's, I'll try the HTC manager as prefer to have the backup on my pc, what's the benefit of rooting ? I has a cheapish android tablet a while ago now but dint keep it llong, I did root it but not sure what the benefits were. Thanks

Dint realise 4.4.2 was latest thought there was a 4.4.4 but now think it's only for certain device's, I'll try the HTC manager as prefer to have the backup on my pc, what's the benefit of rooting ? I has a cheapish android tablet a while ago now but dint keep it llong, I did root it but not sure what the benefits were. Thanks

I rooted my ONE so I could use custom recovery (TWRP) for back ups and to try custom roms, I'm currently running MaximusHD 41 which is basically a tweaked stock rom. I like blinkfeed and didn't want to lose it.

Been a while since I rooted mine but if I remember you need to unlock bootloader. I'd have a good read HTC One - xda-developers. HTC phones aren't as easy as other phones I've found.

Custom ROM's would typically have bloatware removed, any apps that come already installed on the phone. Personal choice really, I've done it on a few phones but had a bad experience (motherboard died while I was tinkering) once & it's put me off trying it if the phone's under warranty in case there's any issues.
HH.

Back