Need help skinning an animal

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
I stumbled across a dead fox and it seems a waste to throw it away. Has anyone ever skinned an animal as I'd love to make a bag out of it?

Is that in rediness for the Handbags at dawn stuff that been on here recently!!!! lol

I ain't falling for that one Seedy.

Every day is an education LoL.

Here ya go:

25,000 foxes killed in cull

MORE than 25,000 foxes have been killed in four weeks in an Australian state after a bounty was put on their tails.
The Victorian state government is offering about £3 for each fox tail during a three-month trial of the bounty on foxes, which are considered vermin
It used to be the same on these shores as well, but I'm fooked if I can find a valid link.

In answer to your question...

Reach deep inside the animals throat as far as you can go, crook your finger around the beasts anus from the inside, then pull the animal inside out.

This should allow you to scrape the innards from the pelt.

When this has been done, reverse the process so that the furry bit is on the outside again.

The ar$e will of course have to be sewn up again, or any small items of brik-a-brak may fall between spaces in the sphincter.

It is generally not recommended for packed lunches & liquids to be kept within the carcass of said animal unless it is lined with a watertight bag/bladder device.

Reach deep inside the animals throat as far as you can go, crook your finger around the beasts anus from the inside, then pull the animal inside out.

If you've got an imitation firearm lying around I'm officially scared.

I stumbled across a dead fox and it seems a waste to throw it away. Has anyone ever skinned an animal as I'd love to make a bag out of it?

unless u know what it died of, be careful.

This may help after skinning

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Roadkill-Cookbook-B-R-Peterson/dp/0898152003]Original Roadkill Cookbook: Amazon.co.uk: B.R. Peterson: Books[/ame]

You dirty gits.

Ive just been sick in my mouth.

/mozr pushes away bran flakes.

unless u know what it died of, be careful.

Thank you for your concern but I always wear a condom.

My brother in law insists he is going to take this fox off me so I need to get one for myself. So am I allowed to kill a fox if he wanders into my back garden and claim it's a pest? What would be the most humane way to do it as an under/over to the head from 20 yards would ruin it's coat. Some type of crossbow aimed at its head or maybe a DIY trap? Unfortunately I don't own any hounds.

Excellent video Munkey, i would suggest some sort of trap followed by a tazer gun then basically repeat what you have taken in from the video.

pmsl.

the mileage i do, i see allsorts of dead animals

i think ill pick up the next squirrel i see and make a willy warmer ready for the winter

Back