Need to buy a cat - Any ideas on which breed

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
The Mrs and the kids are pestering me to buy a cat before we can buy a dog. I have to be honest and say that I really dont like the animals as they seem like lazy buggers that lie around all day doing nothing.

I've budgeted around £500 for the blooming thing as the Mrs wants something a bit exotic. A friend has a Persian Blue which is quite nice but I was thinking of a Bengal Tiger cat or something similar.

Any cat lovers here that can recommend something nice?

The Mrs and the kids are pestering me to buy a cat before we can buy a dog. I have to be honest and say that I really dont like the animals as they seem like lazy buggers that lie around all day doing nothing.

I've budgeted around £500 for the blooming thing as the Mrs wants something a bit exotic. A friend has a Persian Blue which is quite nice but I was thinking of a Bengal Tiger cat or something similar.

Any cat lovers here that can recommend something nice?

£500 for a CAT?

you just made me splutter tea all over myself

I'd spend £500 on one of these...

[url =http://www.halloweenfantasy.com/files/thumbnails/t_18683.jpg]Black Cat[/url]

Not sure whether this is a serious tread or not.

Forget any exotic breads as they tend to be inbread and less hardy. (Die Younger) it the same with full pedigree dogs.
One of my mum's cat lived to 21. another hand reared one lived to the ripe old age of 20. we were told by the vet 10 would be a good age for it since it was hand reared.

Look in the newspaper, there are always a lot of cats for sale. Or go to the local animal rescue centre. Hundreds of kittens get abandoned daily because irresponcible owners do not have them neutered. Any kitten u get if treated correctly will give u, the misses and the kids years of love and company.

. I have to be honest and say that I really dont like the animals as they seem like lazy buggers that lie around all day doing nothing.

well get a boxer mines is non stop bouncing of the walls i wish he was lazy sometimes

Hmm cheers lads, surely these cats are expensive due to breeding? As i said earlier I don't want a cat but if one is forced upon me then I may as well get something a little exotic.

I know that dogs cost big money as I have owned a few in the past and I have a friend who breeds Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I don't want some mongrel of a cat.

Not sure whether this is a serious tread or not.

Forget any exotic breads as they tend to be inbread and less hardy. (Die Younger) it the same with full pedigree dogs.
One of my mum's cat lived to 21. another hand reared one lived to the ripe old age of 20. we were told by the vet 10 would be a good age for it since it was hand reared.

Look in the newspaper, there are always a lot of cats for sale. Or go to the local animal rescue centre. Hundreds of kittens get abandoned daily because irresponcible owners do not have them neutered. Any kitten u get if treated correctly will give u, the misses and the kids years of love and company.

Thanks, that's some useful info on the lifespan of pedigree cats. 10 years for me would be a blessing as I dont fancy looking after them as I get older and I sure as hell know the kids wont either.

I still love these http://stillmeadowbengals.com/The_Bengal_Cat.htm

and they are my favourite if we are going to get one (for whatever that is worth in my house)

Buy a Birman or Ragdoll. Semi LongHair. Very affectionate. Shorter hair is easier to maintain and less hair to vacuum up. Persians tend to be very weepy and are a pain to look after. I have a Shaded Silver Chinchilla persian and a Birman.

NEVER LET CATS OUTDOORS. Blah blah cat live outside blah blah bollocks. Leave to the bloody dog outside then and see how it copes with traffic. It's not natural. Birds need to fly. Open your window and let the fecker go. So yeah indoors.

Kitty Litter very high maintenance and messy. Wet and Dry diet. Never wet or dry.

BIG WELDING GLOVES AND A NUT CUP.

As for a dog. If you have room then look into the largest breed od dog. Irish Wolfhound. I hate dogs, but I loved that big bastard until he died last year. Big cuddly softie.

Last edited:
Buy a Birman or Ragdoll. Semi LongHair. Very affectionate. Shorter hair is easier to maintain and less hair to vacuum up. Persians tend to be very weepy and are a pain to look after. I have a Shaded Silver Chinchilla persian and a Birman.

NEVER LET CATS OUTDOORS. Blah blah cat live outside blah blah bollocks. Leave to the bloody dog outside then and see how it copes with traffic. It's not natural. Birds need to fly. Open your window and let the fecker go. So yeah indoors.

Kitty Litter very high maintenance and messy. Wet and Dry diet. Never wet or dry.

BIG WELDING GLOVES AND A NUT CUP.

As for a dog. If you have room then look into the largest breed od dog. Irish Wolfhound. I hate dogs, but I loved that big bastard until he died last year. Big cuddly softie.

That is the madest hardest to read post i have ever seen!

Take a trip to your local RSPCA or Cats protection league. You will find some nice cats there.

Thats where we got our 2 from:)

£500 for a kitty !!

Never seen a cat priced at that kinda dosh, and as said if you buy a dog soon after it's going to be expensive dog food !! lol

Back