Paypal Scam

langland

Elite Member
Reaction score
I think this is a scam
anybody else got it

Dear customer,

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved. This is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not compromised.

In order to secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require some specific information from you for the following reason:

We would like to ensure that your account was not accessed by an unauthorized third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

Case ID Number: PP-046-631-789
We encourage you to log in and restore full access as soon as possible.Should access to your account remain limited for an extended period of time, it may result in further limitations on the use of your account or may result in eventual account closure.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

To keep your account active, click here:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/accounts-outside

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PP1018

i got something like thiis a few months ago and i told them to write to me and they did it was to do with the amount of money i collected through pay pal get them to write to you if its lagit they will

i got out of paypal a while ago because it was not as secure as they would lead you to beleave this could be a spoof paypal website but it looks like the real thing to me but be carefull if you use your normal login link to paypay and then see if any changes to you account have been made

if you log into your account normally it should say about these issues an how you should be contacted etc

Sure looks like a scam m8. Its not on a secure site its just http instead of https.
Maybe you should mail paypal about it, and they'll get the site closed.

Had no end of paypal scams come through.I just fill the forms in with complete pap insulting the people who send them,makes for real good reading.So far it hasn't affected my paypal account so I presume everyone has been a fake.
This is not 1 I've seen b4 though.If u hit log in it does go secure.

as a rule of thumb never send your details a second time if the firm aint good enough first time round then bail

yep, i do the same sort of thing when banks etc ring me, they know your number, they know your name and they want your post code and date of birth (for security, mine or theirs?). As soon as ive said this and before they can say anything else i ask them for MY security can they confirm the last 2 digits of my sort code, digit 3 and 6 of my account number and the exact amount and where it was of my last card transaction.

i only do it to pi55 them off :)

lol digidude

i have to ask customers 4 them to confirm there name, we ask 4 security because just say we ring up customers and som1 else answers they can pretend its u.

remember one thing that wen a bank rings u and asks 4 ur account number and sort code then its dodgy, if they dont say that then ur ok

:)

Just got this :Mad2: scam :Mad2: today... {mimicing Paypal}. Reason it's a scam.. well, for starters, the email addy I got this in, I have never ever registered it with Paypal!!!

Notice from PayPal!

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the paypal account, we have issued this warning message.
It has come to our attention that your account information needs to be updated due to inactive members, frauds and spoof reports. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and renew your records you will not run into any future problems with the online service. However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension This notification expires on November 10, 2004. Once you have updated your account records your paypal account
service will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Please follow the link below and login to your account and renew your account information

h**ps://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

Sincerely,

John Falkuners
Paypal Review Department

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that this is not a complete list of all our products and features. All products, features, and policies are subject to change. Be sure to login to your PayPal account on a regular basis to view the "Policy Updates" page which can be found in the "What's New" box.
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP7980-4595

If it's a spoof, then when you look at the web address, it'll look genuine, but when you click on or hover over the link with your mouse, you'll see that it doesn't go to www.paypal.com. They've done this using HTML. Best not to click on it though - never know if they're doing something nasty on your PC.

I have the ebay toolbar, which finds ebay spoof sites - alerts you when you go to one. I wonder if it detects paypal spoof sites too? Anyone know?

Back