Reading PIC12F629 PROBLEMS

fazzydale

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please help

I got some bits frpm Maplin and made a programmer and I am now using ICPROG to try and read the OSC value. ( I have read this is not important if i am going to use YAOSM BUT how do i know my programmer i have buillt is working ??)

Everytime I read my PIC I get 3FFF which is not right

My ICPROG settings are:-

I set compatibility mode to run in WIN95 (i did tick options, MISC enable NTDriver BUT this did not work even when i put the icprog.sys file in the same place.)

Hardware JDM programmer , windows API

Main screen oscillator = INT OSC GP4, bandgap = default, fuses pwrt (Ticked)

ANY IDEAS ?

THANKS

I have now moved to ICPROG 1.06A which now sets up OK with the NT driver.

I STILL cannot get it to read the OSC value yet BUT when i go to program the PIC with YAOSM it states OSCAL 3EDFh do you want to use another value ( I click cancel after this)

Can this be right I thought they should all start with 34**.

thanks

Just to let you know how i got on. IT IS NOW WORKING !!!

I went to a mates and used another computer and it worked 1st time no probs. The only difference being I plugged straight into the serial port. On my PC I had to use a USB to serial adapter.

So ICPROG does not like my adapter.

Has anybody else had any problems with a USB serial adapter ??

Just to let you know how i got on. IT IS NOW WORKING !!!

I went to a mates and used another computer and it worked 1st time no probs. The only difference being I plugged straight into the serial port. On my PC I had to use a USB to serial adapter.

So ICPROG does not like my adapter.

Has anybody else had any problems with a USB serial adapter ??

loads of people have probs with usb-serial adapters not worth the money by the looks of it.

Back