Replacement TM800 running ice cool.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Anyone else with the new top casing noticed just how cold the TM800 now runs?

Mine is actually cold to the touch. :)

Anyone else with the new top casing noticed just how cold the TM800 now runs?

Mine is actually cold to the touch. :)

yeah i have m8, its really cold to touch, abit of topic mate, but did you get a new remote with your replacement, i got a different remote, its same shape ,size etc but a few buttons are in a different place and on the back the CE type letter sign is blue, but its alot better, with old recoiever and remote i had to sometimes press the button 2 or 3 times before it worked, this set up works first time every time, did you notcie a different remote ?

There are 2 remotest, one has volume buttons next to the epg button, the other has media and rec list buttons. If you find some buttons don't work right, press exit on the front of the receiver 5 times, the blue ring will blink 3 times, and you're back to normal.

Running the receiver on its side still makes the top (uppermost side) warm, but not hot

Yer I got the new rremote too.

If you go into System Information it will tell you what model of remote you have, I'm struggling trying to adapt to the new layout TBH as I was used to the older one. :)

lol @ Digidude.

I'll guarantee that YOU are the only headbanger that leaves his receivers on their side! ;)

Changed over my boxes today and I kid you not the level of courteousy and help/assistance Technmate offer & provide is 2nd to none. I mean if there were awards handed out for aftersales care these guys would win hands down.

Yes the TM800 HD has some teething issues but I'm not going to go down the route of Apple and start a history comparison of all the boxes that have been released with the timeline to get the box to 100%. The boxes with fans do the job as intended, and are super cool so heatgate has now been solved with a GENUINE fix and not a software release or a free icepack to keep it cool like Apples rubber bumper

Yes, they boxes are not perfect but the aftersales care is.

Back