Status Quo retirement after summer tour

Oggiman

Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Status Quo have announced that, after more than 60 years in the music business, they’ll be hanging up their guitars for good.

The British rock band, formed in 1962 as The Paladins, had the majority of their success through the 1970s and 1980s, scoring a UK number one single, 22 UK top 10 hits, and four number one albums.

Quo, as they were known to fans, initially broke up in 1984, but reunited to open the legendary Live Aid concert in 1985 – the performance was so well received that they reformed properly and were successful for years afterwards.

But now the time has come for the current five-piece to call it a day, with guitarist and lead singer Francis Rossi saying their ongoing tour might well be their last.
Rossi, who has been part of the group since 1962, said: ‘I don’t think we will go again. And as far as the rest of the band are concerned it’s the last tour too. I just can’t see us doing it one more time.’

Read HERE

My favourite Quo song is 'Pictures of Matchstick Men' from 1968

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seen the second gig of the current tour in Glasgow last month . Seen them many times over the years , I was at the concert in the Apollo Glasgow where they recorded the live Album. Never thought I would go back after Rick died but glad I did. Sad to hear it’s coming to an end 😔

Funnily enough Pictures of Matchstick Men is my favourite Quo song, it was their very first in 1968 when they were completely different to how they evolved over the next few years, I also enjoyed their later 3 chord songs that they became more famous for though :)

I went to see them first in the Parade Multi Story Car Park in Swindon in 1969 along with The Equals. I believe Burt Weedon played the Guitar Solo for Pictures of Matchstick Men and to be honest I have followed them ever since, I have many good memories of Quo Concerts that I will never forget. God Bless Rick and long live Francis. 👍

Funnily enough Pictures of Matchstick Men is my favourite Quo song, it was their very first in 1968 when they were completely different to how they evolved over the next few years, I also enjoyed their later 3 chord songs that they became more famous for though :)
Pictures of matchstick men was in the set at the Latest gig and was performed perfectly. I also loved the acoustic version quo done of that and many other songs in their back catalogue

...... I also loved the acoustic version quo done of that and many other songs in their back catalogue
@IANB

This one shown on the BBC? Obviously much later than 1968.
RIP Rick Parfitt

Anybody remember GERDUNDULA...... awesome track and amazing when done live, Quo always interacted with the audience, top draw.

@Krusty

Not heard this one for years

Back