taking a dog back to the shelter.. :(

whack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys
Got a dog to be a bit of company for my other jack russell 3 weeks ago- but have had to take it back today. The new dog just flipped and bit a few chunks outta the other one. No real signs of that sort of behaviour but am gutted. Only had the dog for 3 weeks but still gutted- suppose you can never tell with rescue dogs. Was a cracking dog but just needs a home without another dog in it as in every other way he was great. If anyone round the Newcastle area wants a decent dog let me know and I will give you the details. Cheers

i tried 2 rescue dogs both were fine innitialy then they turned out nasty one bit my sons neck.

Tbh i think that most rescue dogs are in those places for a reason although some for no fault of there own.

Still gutts you when you have to return them though i felt guilty as hell like id really let them down.

aye mate a felt guilty as anything taking him back. Just gutted as everything else was great about him, it was just the fact that we had another dog in the house that made him jealous. The lady has been crying for hours, but a told her that we cant take the risk with him, as if a hadnt been there it wud a been a lot worse than a couple of cuts a think :(

We had 2 rescue dogs man many years ago, the first was some weired breed. cant quite remember what it was.. it was ok for the first few days. All went out left it in the house came back went upstairs on the landing and our cats blood was all over the walls, carpet.

We found part of its body inside a new matress delivered that morning and the other half in the bathroom.. we didnt snap at it. just put it in the car and took it back.. we left it in the car whilst we spoke to the person at the dogs home and she was like hes a good dog he wouldnt do that.. shee accused us of lying so theyd take it back.. we took her to the car and said ok we'll take him back.. he had blood all over his face and body.. she couldnt deny it..

The second a rotweiler he just got out of the garden and torn another dogs stomach off.. paid vert bills thats it.

We had 2 rescue dogs man many years ago, the first was some weired breed. cant quite remember what it was.. it was ok for the first few days. All went out left it in the house came back went upstairs on the landing and our cats blood was all over the walls, carpet.

We found part of its body inside a new matress delivered that morning and the other half in the bathroom.. we didnt snap at it. just put it in the car and took it back.. we left it in the car whilst we spoke to the person at the dogs home and she was like hes a good dog he wouldnt do that.. shee accused us of lying so theyd take it back.. we took her to the car and said ok we'll take him back.. he had blood all over his face and body.. she couldnt deny it..

The second a rotweiler he just got out of the garden and torn another dogs stomach off.. paid vert bills thats it.

jesus thats a horry story and a half that m8.

My neighbour got a rescue dog as company for her autistic son, in the hope it would calm the boy down a bit.
She was told the dog had problems but she stupidly took it.
Anyhow the dog bit the boy on the arm. I thought she would return the dog but was flabbergasted that she kept it.

After a few weeks the dog bit the boy's face and he landed in hospital, needless to say the dog went back. Could have been disastrous.

After reading this thread, surely somebody has or has heard of a good rescue dog. Personally I would never have 1 as I like to have them from pups then you have a good idea of what their tempermant will be like, as has already been said you never know what you are getting when you go to a rescue centre eg. Bad Temperment, Disobeadient etc.

i got one from a shelter but he was a pup when i got him, he's a bit mental guess sheltered dog as just abit mad!: multi :

i tried 2 rescue dogs both were fine innitialy then they turned out nasty

I experienced the same I ate 2 and really enjoyed them from my local chinky ,then all of a sudden next morning the dogs turned nasty.

I was shatting brown water for a woof.......I mean week:Laugh:

After reading this thread, surely somebody has or has heard of a good rescue dog.
We got an English Bull terrier bitch from a Bull terrier rescue kennels a long time ago, she turned out to be one of the best dogs we've ever had, we already had a male Bull terrier and our girls were young at the time, we had no problems at all, but people should still be careful, we knew the reason she had been rescued, her owner died and she was only 10 months old so wasn't a lot of risk imo

Wanted to get a dog, even the kids do but wife absolutey refused so got a goldfish instead.

Advertise in the local rag, maybe that might help.

That is very sad but like you say you don't know what has happened to them before.

We got a collie/lab cross from Leigh rescue and she was the best dog you could wish for, even when the 2 kids came along she was as gentle as anything with them.

So you do get good ones as well.

:)

We got a collie/lab cross from Leigh rescue and she was the best dog you could wish for, even when the 2 kids came along she was as gentle as anything with them.

So you do get good ones as well.

:)

yeah ur not wrong as have got good ones before. I dont want to put off people from getting rescue dogs as you can get brilliant rescue dogs.

i got a little staffy bitch 12 years ago from Barbara Green of Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue
Shes a diamond she was owned by some toss pots who caged her all day as they worked long hours and they did not want a dog running around the house whilst they where @ work i had to do a little work with her @ 1st she was head shy and scared and shook and peed a lot a very nervous dog ..
I wonder why !!! wankers
I worked with a trainer and she has never to this day put a foot wrong shes a minter 2 of her pups are now champions and she is still going strong @ 13/14 years old she turned out to be from a real good line
I still to this day would love to take her back and show the coonts what the missed out on and what a kind soft sociable dog the gave up
ohh well there loss was my gain ...

Back