TM800 Arrived today first impressions

bassethound

Inactive User
Reaction score
My TM800 Arrived today here are my first impressions.

I will start with the worst first:

The box packaging is the worst i have seen for a electrical item no padding whats so ever very poor just wedged in the box.

The box seems very cheaply built with very cheap plastic looks very down market it wobbles on my tv stand the feet are not secured properly.

The remote is not the best i have used very small buttons and very soft un-response some times, some off the buttons could have been placed better.

Some good things:

Easy to flash and set up if you are used to E2.

The SD and HD look very good.

I know its a new box and the software will improve other time and make this a smashing little box.

If any one is thinking of buying a TM800 i would wait and see what the VU+ solo is like before parting with your cash as this box feels very down market perhaps im spoiled using a VU+ Duo.

Yer, packaging is piss.

Thankfully my box doesn't wobble and I find the remote as responsive as any other remote I've used, I think any delays may be due to the firmware and not the remote.

perhaps im spoiled using a VU+ Duo

You don't say! ;)

Just noticed the clock says Wednesday 2nd August 2006 cant even get the time right and its 8am LOL

You're lucky. Sometimes my box thinks it's the year 2026 and the time is never correct. :)

I was thinking of buying a dm800.. think ill pass now and buy a vu+ instead :)

does it really matter what the box is like, as long as the goods inside are fine thats all that counts :)

I'm loving my wee TM800, I really am.

Even in it's current state, I still reckon it's much better than the clone DM800 I had.

All channels are perfect, no glitching at all.

I don't know were you got yours from,but mine was double wrapped in bubble wrap :)

inside the box there is no padding admittedly but its in there compact so no damage should happen to the box,in my view

the remote is sometimes unresponsive for me now and again but I just give it a little time now lol 99% of the time its fine though,but as said I think with better firmware this will be fixed

like witchy I don't have a wobble and to be fair wouldn't say its cheaply built or any more plasticly than may other electrical items

Even in it's current state, I still reckon it's much better than the clone DM800 I had.

lol..you had a shockingly bad DM800 clone though...so it's hardly any comaprison..even Starview was probably better than your clone..

A comparison with an original DM800 or even a good clone...would be a completely different story altogether...

does it really matter what the box is like, as long as the goods inside are fine thats all that counts :)

If they have cut corners on the packaging which protects the TM800 at £250 a time where else have they cut corners?

Agree a lot better than a clone dm800:banana::banana::banana:

i work with a LOT of different receivers, and most of them are packed in tightly like this now, i received a new receiver today, with 'extra' packing leaving spaces all round the receiver on the inside of the actual box, it looks as though its been dropped in transit, and the remote has managed to move to where the connectors are, damaged two of the inputs and gashed hell out of the remote

theyre designed to be moved on pallets, where everything is nice and tight, and cant really be dropped, its when a pallet is opened and the contents split, and single boxes start moving around, that you realise that the less space inside for stuff to move around, the better

lol..you had a shockingly bad DM800 clone though...so it's hardly any comaprison..even Starview was probably better than your clone..

A comparison with an original DM800 or even a good clone...would be a completely different story altogether...

True, which is why I said 'the clone *I* had' and not the clone DM800 in general. :)

Obviously the genuine DM800 would be a better comparison but I don't have one and never will as I don'y like DMM's pricing policy. If I had £400 to spend then it would be going on a VU+ Duo. :)

Can't say I agree with cheap build comment. Mines nice and sturdy, metal body and nice looking plastic facia - pretty standard build these days. Know what you mean about box packaging but agree with Digi's response - the key factor is how far the dealer sending it is willing to package it. Mine was well wrapped in bbwrap thank god.

I'd agree about not rushing to buy one though. Give it a few weeks for images to mature (my god I hope it doesn't take that long) and by the time VU solo is released there'll hopefully be a better product to compare it to. HW wise it seems the dangly's so I guess it's all down to support from now on. Price will also come into it.

criticising packing how many times anybody kept packing .if box has received un damaged that's all we want.
I had tm800 for some time now am loving it has the best picture and sound I have seen comparing to my original dm800.pitur is poor /no wifi/componants out/RGB loop/2 scarts/RF mudulator/internal power supply much more,
end result is tm 800 sitting with rest of my dvd etc,and its solid.I open the box and compare it to dm800 ,first impration was totally crowded with components internal power supply which was very solid looking.remote is the best as made by Samsung very expensive looking shiny and good feeling of velvet touch looks very expensive and posh better than my Samsung TV remote I am very happy with it.

The build quality on the TM800 is no where near as good as my VU+Duo or my old Tm600 come to think of it.

This is just my personal view and my first impressions i might come to love it one day but for now the VU+Duo takes pride of place under my tv:proud::proud::proud:

criticising packing how many times anybody kept packing .if box has received un damaged that's all we want.

lol, it's not about keeping the box.

First impressions count.

It's reflects on the overall quality of the item and the people behind it. Personally I like a product to be in a nice tight secure box, well built, and things like remotes and leads to have their own seperate compartments. :)

I had tm800 for some time now am loving it has the best picture and sound I have seen comparing to my original dm800.pitur is poor /no wifi/componants out/RGB loop/2 scarts/RF mudulator/internal power supply much more,

Great picture (not sure if it's as good as the Spiderbox though), I only use Stereo sound so I'm not too fussed about audio.

I've never owned an Original DM800, but IMO it's many times better than the clone DM800.

I also like the remote, even if it is HUGE, like my cock. ;)

lol, it's not about keeping the box.

First impressions count.

It's reflects on the overall quality of the item and the people behind it. Personally I like a product to be in a nice tight secure box, well built, and things like remotes and leads to have their own seperate compartments. :)

Great picture (not sure if it's as good as the Spiderbox though), I only use Stereo sound so I'm not too fussed about audio.

I've never owned an Original DM800, but IMO it's many times better than the clone DM800.

I also like the remote, even if it is HUGE, like my cock. ;)

My clone works just great ,ssloader 0.72 in flash and 0.75 (newenigma2 2.8.4 )

on usb stick via Meeboot.Never had problems even my kids testing it very hard

hi m 8s

i got mine today ,its up and running very smooth.i am used to e2 so it was very easy to set up.how ever it was a tricky to tap the button to get in to miniroot.i send channels by using dreamset 220 .since e2 on the box can not restart enigma so it has to be done by remote (in shutdownmenu choose restart)or just switch it off and on back of the box.

ccamc.cfg was not a problem to send ,but i found it that its better to edit the config file which is shipped with.
picture quality in hd channels is as good as others boxes but imo cuberevo &kathrein is sharper.Sd channels not as good as i expected but can be get better since we can not adjust the screen resolution yet.
But to be a starter box its very promising .i would like to have subtitle and dvb text at next image!

regards

Back