TM800 - Now What?

Malcolm-X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have managed to get one TM800 working (another bricked I think:banana:) with the 02.06 image and downloaded channels via the blue button. I still have a couple of questions:

1. Is there anyway of uploading my own channel setup (Channels and Bouquets as I currently use in the TM500, TM600 & DM800) to the TM800?

2. Once all settings are carried out on the TM800, is there any way of backing the whole thing up? Seems a pain to be having to go through all settings each time a new image is uploaded.

3. Being a Mac user I use "iDreamX" to upload to my Linux receivers, but for some reason once the box is up and running I can not connect to the TM800 using anything, but "FileZilla" which is a FTP program.

I understand that the images for this are still work in progress and would like to thank the guys involved for all their hard work on this!

turn the power off, and back on,, watch the front display, and after about 45 seconds, itll say 'checking key' when it says this, press the info button on the receiver, and youll be given an IP address

type this into your web browser, and therell be an option to create a backup image

Your a star Digi Thanks for that.

Any ideas on the other questions?

Can this receiver be connected to something which will allow me to edit and transfer channels / bouquets via it.

I would love to use the bouquets and Channels I currently use for 28e.

dreamboxedit m8, copy from your receiver, then click enigma2 and send to the tm800

turn the power off, and back on,, watch the front display, and after about 45 seconds, itll say 'checking key' when it says this, press the info button on the receiver, and youll be given an IP address

type this into your web browser, and therell be an option to create a backup image

Would I be able to flash future receivers with this backup image first time or would I need to flash using original image first?

You can use your backup image mate.

I'm following the steps above, but getting no joy!

Soon as I get checking keys and press info the lcd screen goes blank??

no matter what I do I can not even connect to the receiver using Dreamboxedit on a PC.

I can connect using Filezilla to FTP, but no other way!

hi m8 try openDBedit 3.6 that worked for me

Soon as I get checking keys and press info the lcd screen goes blank??

I get the same but my box does boot into the image, I just cant see anything on the screen as display wont take output resolution.

I can then use FireFTP plugin in Firefox to FTP in no problem

I type my IP in, but I don't get any sort of backup options, in fact it doesn't get to any web page at all.I can FTP to the box fine on this IP so I lnow it is right

Is there any way to save the settings rather than the whole image too?

DreamBoxEdit will pull across your bouquets and various settings.

Hit the FTP button and then:

dbess.png

I type my IP in, but I don't get any sort of backup options, in fact it doesn't get to any web page at all.I can FTP to the box fine on this IP so I lnow it is right

I dont think http is activated, i cannot connect via ip and also when using dbedit i cannot verify ip settings in options or reload the settings from the button on ftp page.

DreamBoxEdit will pull across your bouquets and various settings.

Hit the FTP button and then:

dbess.png

Thanks for that. So will this mean I won't have to scan for channels after flashing a new firmware? I have been using this program, but thought it only backed up the bouquets

Back