Arnet aka kryptview

Agreed with the above, i also like the fact that it's a screw type tuner... can't fault the 16:9 aspect ratio at all.
I was even able to unplug my 'yellow brick-booster' that i needed for my max-v, not a glitch in sight.
only problem i'm having is arranging the channels and getting the STB to accept a channel file,but that's a problem with me...not the box hehe

Right, Well I've just been giving one of these boxes to flash so I'll give you more info about it soon once I connect it all up.

Since I've got my videocam connected to the PC ill try giving you a little video.

I will also be comparing this to my DVB-C tuner to see if it can pick up any channels the DVB-C and Eurovox tuner can't.

plus points so far :

+ Looks better made than the Eurovox
+ Remote looks better too

Bad points :

- No RS232 Cable! This really should have been included considering the box has no firmware on it!

I'll give you all more info soon.

Last edited:
Agreed with the above, i also like the fact that it's a screw type tuner... can't fault the 16:9 aspect ratio at all.
I was even able to unplug my 'yellow brick-booster' that i needed for my max-v, not a glitch in sight.
only problem i'm having is arranging the channels and getting the STB to accept a channel file,but that's a problem with me...not the box hehe

Sorted.. My firewall was blocking the connection.

If he wasn't making money then i very much doubt he would do it?

I think its OK to be selling the hardware ect but selling these boxes means hes trading? which is againts the forum rules?

I'm not complaining though, i'll end up buying a box from him :)
can u point out to me trading is against the rules?

Its widescreen, but its cuts off about 5% off the bottom of the screen.

Video "Review" coming soon. :handball:

"ellie1998" has traders will be banned as his sig?

BAD TRADER
A 'Trader' in the bad sense of the word is someone who joins a forum, gets all the good info then goes out and makes a fortune off the backs of other people hard work...ie selling Dbox2's @ £250 then charging people £40 everytime they need to look at the box, charging people £50 to update their MOSC, this type of stuff is classed as trading.

GOOD TRADER
TMC is a business who provides us with tools which make our hobby a little easier, without him (and people like him) many people who not be able to enjoy their hobby as well as they wouldn't have the tools to make things happen (yes, it's possible to make your own tools, but this is outwith many peoples capabilities).

BAD TRADER
A 'Trader' in the bad sense of the word is someone who joins a forum, gets all the good info then goes out and makes a fortune off the backs of other people hard work...ie selling Dbox2's @ £250 then charging people £40 everytime they need to look at the box, charging people £50 to update their MOSC, this type of stuff is classed as trading.

GOOD TRADER
TMC is a business who provides us with tools which make our hobby a little easier, without him (and people like him) many people who not be able to enjoy their hobby as well as they wouldn't have the tools to make things happen (yes, it's possible to make your own tools, but this is outwith many peoples capabilities).

very well said m8

Back on topic :)

Its widescreen, but its cuts off about 5% off the bottom of the screen.

Video "Review" coming soon. :handball:

The only 5% cut off that i can see is when you press the blue button to the 'wrong setting'
on the right setting it's no different to my subbed box.......

The blue button did nothing. I might have an older firmware but I don't think so.

Ok, I'm going to give the rundown of this box (Note : This was taken early today and I dont have the box with me just now or I would have took a video with my better cam, so your going to have to make do with these. Sorry.)

Ok here we go :

The first time you turn on the box you get this menu :

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap87811oo2.png

The box has NTL,Telewest,Ireland?(Choros?),EX CW locations included in the firmware, Eurovox has not got this feature.

You can do different type of searches like "All" "FTV "Srambled" "Network"
NOTE : When you use "Network" scan it picks up EVERY transponder including the hidden data services (EPG Data channel, PVR Flashing channels). So Expect a cluttered EPG.

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap89984pg9.png
http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap94280yh1.png

Messy EPG :-(
http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap97016iy1.png

You can also tell this box was made for different parts of europe since it lets you pick different encrpytions like Viaacess :toiletcla

I could not get the 7 Day EPG working. I can't comment on that, Never had time to explore that fully. Now and next works.

Teletext, Fake pausing,Audio channel selection (Lots of fun with euronews LOL!) standard stuff.

Erm, I'm going to give it a halo 3 score so erm... This box marks in at... 11/10!
Oh and it has a groovy EPG fade out feature so erm.. this gets 175%!

Good points :
* Good for TV Pirates yarrr
* Easy setup
* Widescreen (With very small cut off, Or not so im told.. Meh)
* No breakups, Same signal as DVB-C card (70-75%)
* Groovy EPG effects lol

Bad points :

* It has a feature called internet download but theres no ethernet port on the back Oops! LOL!
* No HD (Duh, I mean it must be superhard getting a hold of an MPEG2 HD chip.)
* EPG is annoying to use
* Slowish controls
* Dot Crawl

Anything you think i've missed tell me. I will prob post more pictures in a bit.

A pick of the info bar showing the channel you are on with now and next epg would be nice.

what is the groovy EPG fade out feature and how do you do it?

Lol, Its not really a feature its just something that makes it look a little better I guess.

Is there any way i can view epg on other channels while still watchin a channel in the background?

not yet but the next major software update will hopefully contain that. It looks like October at the moment.

tmc

Hopefully the next upgrade will improve things then, As i say I can see this being a really good plug and play box if these main issues get sorted.

Good news at least with 16.9/fast scan and no glitchyness and screw in type connectors, looks better then the rest already but not so pleased u cant do channel managment so easy.

I dont know how people even use that vox software, it never worked for me... ended up spending hours just moving channels up and down via the remote.

Hopefully they can produce some easy software that can arrange channels/names appropriately + I can only use one hand after 12pm

I dont know how people even use that vox software, it never worked for me... ended up spending hours just moving channels up and down via the remote.

I find Voxer to be one of the most easiest channel editing software to use. This box could do with having a similar software to edit channels.

got my box today, works great without any problems.
the epg needs to be sorted but i do get full 7 day epg.
pictures of menu etc here

Back