Website Video Ads?

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
When you visit a site via your phone, which has a few video clip ads on loop, if you scroll down past them and they're no longer visible, are they still playing and using your phones resources? Also, if you're on a similar site and your phone screen goes into standby, with the tab left open, is that still screwing the phone's processor/ RAM?
:)

are they still playing and using your phones resources?----> I am not sure about this but probably yes.

phone screen goes into standby, with the tab left open, is that still screwing the phone's processor/ RAM?----> yes

I used to use an app called Blokada to filter out all that crap, even from other apps. It used to work quite well but the advertisers seem to have found a way around it, far too many sneaking through now.

When you visit a site via your phone, which has a few video clip ads on loop, if you scroll down past them and they're no longer visible, are they still playing and using your phones resources? Also, if you're on a similar site and your phone screen goes into standby, with the tab left open, is that still screwing the phone's processor/ RAM?
:)
I'm nearly sure you can switch off 'Autoplay' on phones so that vids don't even begin.
Could have swore I saw this while scrolling through my settings for something.

Back