Sensible Topic Chooky

@chookey

Glad to see you're alive and kicking 😂
Understandable that sometimes a timeout is required to take stock and bounce back.
I seem to be getting a lot better. I suffer the occasional blip but touch wood appear to be "getting my life back".

I'm touched by the concern that members have shown and can only apologise for not responding to the concerns sooner. I will attempt a quick description of my malaise:
I was suffering extreme tiredness accompanied by complete lack of temperature regulation. Being freezing cold one minute and a hot flush the next. Pains everywhere and could barely even walk 5 metres to the bathroom. Sneezing and all the symptoms of bad flu which would disappear without trace as soon as in an hour or could take all day.

I'd suffer nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, constipation or diahorrea. Spent hours per day slumped in front of my pc, coma-like where I knew my head was down and eyes were closed but I'd be incapable of movement but fully aware of tv sounds etc;
After many tests I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroidism.

As mentioned previously I'm on a good run at the moment. Perhaps almost a fortnight with only a couple of setbacks which were over and done with in the space of a couple of hours. Never had a run like this in the last 4 years where it was just getting progressively worse. The medication for the hypothyroidism may be helping slightly but I think I'm just "getting over it".
I truly believe it is like a form of PTSD brought on by the nightmare cancer operation and where I truly felt I was on the brink of death one night.

It's not possible really to relay everything I have been going through as the situation worsened. However, this last couple of weeks has felt fantastic in comparison. As soon as I have got up I have been eager to do something, to achieve something. I had started so many projects without having the energy to finish any of them.

1. I ripped my sat installation down as it would semi work then not at all. As I was breaking it all down for storage until I felt more able I found that the lnb had been tightned with a spanner. So much so that loosening it resulted in the internals coming out with it. The "engineer" who installed it had cracked the pcb, hence the intermittent operation.

2. Garden project. After finding that my next door neighbours brick wall and paving had been dumped under my trees I decided to sort it all. Again this was a job too far but I've now 75% completed it and am awaiting quotes to perhaps remove the trees.

3. I bought a 4 camera cctv system about 18 months ago and actually fitted it over the last couple of days.

4. Decided to buy some new living room furniture and then put my tv on a wall bracket. Decided I wanted an "Ambilight" effect on it so experimented with my pc monitor first. I couldn't put led's along the bottom due to the inputs/outputs but it looks quite good.

View attachment Aurora Borealis.mp4

@chookey , at last you have attended the forum, its unbelievable that you have been absent for so long without a absence note, it has been noted by our spies that not only have you been frequenting hospitality premises for alcohol intake but also those that purport to supply sexual "wellbeing" for a certain exchange of the kings money tokens. Whilst all of your actions extremely violated the forum , questions I'll obviously need to be asked and answered to continue you further membership.
Question 1 ,,,,
Which drinking establishment represented the best value for price and beer. quality
Question 2
What's the address of the whorehouse you visited (purely for essential reasons to warn others)
Question 3
What was the price you paid (purely for economic reasons)
3rd question
Was the whole episode worth the outlay (again purely for economic knowledge)

Glad your doing good mate, keep yer chin up.

Back