TM800HD HD channel problems

axeman28

Inactive User
Reaction score
I don`t know why but when i try and watch a HD channel the box freezes it works ok on the normal channels .I can on get it going again by pulling the mains plug .I think the image file is pli-e2-ur is there a newer and if so how do i load it on .All help appreciated .Thanks

when it freezes are u getting artifacts on the screen??

if so it could be a sign its over heating??

no it just goes to a green screen with lines on it..

I have just flashed new image onto it nice and easy ,went through the setup scanned channels and now box doesn`t start up just has technomate going across the panel ?

i think ur on a bumpy ride

could u look at my thread and post what info u getting from hyperterminal??

thread is: boxstuck??

i had same problem in the end my tm800hd died
sent it to technomate

I have read through your thread how do i run hyperterminal ? . I find this all very strange i loaded on the firmware latest one in download centre with the usb stick it ran through perfectly. I ran the setup it scanned through channels was on about 90% i went out of room for 2 mins came back in and picture on tv gone off and just Technomate rolling across the STB ..

axeman28

if you think it has hardware problem do not wast your time ask tm to replace it as they did for RAt
Now he is very happy

The box says starting today but fails to do so it will also go to miniroot but will not load ?

bit gutted really wanted this box to watch the world cup in HD .If there is no other option do i send it back to the retailer i bought if off or Technomate and do i tell them i updated and killed it ?

bit gutted really wanted this box to watch the world cup in HD .If there is no other option do i send it back to the retailer i bought if off or Technomate and do i tell them i updated and killed it ?

mines gone the same way now!!!!!!!

time for a refund!!!!!!!!!!

you are very negative about the box mate
I had problems with mine as you may of read ? and Technomate exchanged it within a day
instead of constantly putting the box down,contact Technomate explaining your problems and they will sort it im sure :)

axeman28

if you think it has hardware problem do not wast your time ask tm to replace it as they did for RAt
Now he is very happy

Mate, I know your intentions are good, but you can't go telling everyone who has a problem with thier box to send it back for a replacement.

I'm sure that not EVERYONE who is having problems has got dodgy hardware.

I've lost count the number of times I've been sure I had a Hardware problem with various bits of kit, but after doing some research and getting advice from others with more experience I eventually managed to fix the issue.

This is not a dig at anyone, especially axeman28.

If anyone is convinced that their hardware is faulty then by all means get it replaced, but make sure you've exhausted all possible fixes first.

mines gone the same way now!!!!!!!

time for a refund!!!!!!!!!!

I wish you would, I'm sick reading all your moans. ;)

@ axeman28

You are perfectly entitled to update the box using the official patches mate, you're even allowed to do some fiddling with the software (within reason). Your box is still under warranty.

Last edited:
witchy

with respect to all members capability and intelligent of knowing what they can and can not.
my point is not to put blame on hardware all the time,
what is it that I do not have problem but I can read some members going on and on about it.
so
in final if it can not be fix by anyone then can be fix by tm
ask tm they will change it same day no cost to anyone and make sure it will 100% works perfect.
I can see that will end anyone problem with this box.

I totally agree i want to fix it rather than send it back just don`t know the solution (worse case scenario it goes back) .I have been switching it on and off for at least 2 hours it always goes to miniroot now, wouldn`t do that yesterday ? why is that i wish i knew. I tried the start up pressing power off got to mini root without usb stick in, then inserted pressed menu and it looked like it was going to work got to 29% then stopped .This box has a mind of its own maybe tomorrow i`ll get lucky .Well here`s hoping or hopefully someone can Help .Thanks

this is what happened to me axeman,I was on it all day Sunday and I mean all day lol
it did in the end flash to 100% and I done the setup wizard and managed to scan :)
went to BBC1 froze within 10 seconds
thats when I decided to send it back

out of interest have you used and dreambox tools ? dreambox edit or the likes ? also have you done a factory reset ?

axeman28

it is very simple .
1-make sure you do not rename or save image in the folder
2-inset USB
3-turn on from rear and play with stand by button
4-see mini root stop playing
5-see box ip then press menu
it will re boot auto,,,

I totally agree i want to fix it rather than send it back just don`t know the solution (worse case scenario it goes back) .I have been switching it on and off for at least 2 hours it always goes to miniroot now, wouldn`t do that yesterday ? why is that i wish i knew. I tried the start up pressing power off got to mini root without usb stick in, then inserted pressed menu and it looked like it was going to work got to 29% then stopped .This box has a mind of its own maybe tomorrow i`ll get lucky .Well here`s hoping or hopefully someone can Help .Thanks

lol, I think you've tried enough mate. :)

Your box is doing something that's not acceptable.

You seem to have tried everything in the book (not that a book exists just yet, lol).

Does Miniroot give you an IP address?

Back