Van Insurance

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any cheap companies? I've tried the usual compare sites, and they seem really dear, or is over a grand to be expected these days for someone in their 50's to drive a 2.2 Merc sprinter.

Does anyone know of any cheap companies? I've tried the usual compare sites, and they seem really dear, or is over a grand to be expected these days for someone in their 50's to drive a 2.2 Merc sprinter.
I don’t drive a van but my insurance has jumped up over 50% in the last year. I am also in my 50’s and use comparison sites.

Commercial type vehicles have seen a significant premium increase, especially for business use due mainly to increase in theft, stolen goods, etc.

If business use, try fitting an additional approved door lock and dashcams, smart-water on tools, etc. Important to give details / photos to insurance to try and get a discount.

Insurance companies are a rip off these days, they were always expensive but they did use to be a little competitive, now they are just out to fleece everyone for as much as they can get away with charging.

If you think they are charging you a lot now just wait until you are in your 70s with a clean licence for 50 years and no accidents since I started riding a motorbike at 16 and a car at 17.

If I lived closer to a bus stop and didn't have emphysema I would be giving up my car now, but as I struggle to walk up the hill to get to the main road then along to the bus stop I need my car.

Back