ferguson ariva 120hd

I think Butters recommends Firmware 2.15B5 Patched

But I think Im using the one you mentioned

But I note a new official release came out this week (V2.18B6), but I dont know if a patched version of it is around yet

I think Butters recommends Firmware 2.15B5 Patched

But I think Im using the one you mentioned

But I note a new official release came out this week (V2.18B6), but I dont know if a patched version of it is around yet

Cool, Thanks Iba.

I will keep an eye on threads here and boards for a mention of a new patch. On a seperate note Iba, does using cccam/newcamd use a lot of internet or just a bit?
A tech savvy acquaintance of mine said only a bit but im doubting that for some reason!

Cool, Thanks Iba.

I will keep an eye on threads here and boards for a mention of a new patch. On a seperate note Iba, does using cccam/newcamd use a lot of internet or just a bit?
A tech savvy acquaintance of mine said only a bit but im doubting that for some reason!

Not sure but I woul say just a bit

Yes, totally.

As far as I know, your not actually downloading files, your just receiving a signal

Excellent! Yes thats what I was thinking myself seeing that the sat dish still needs to be installed. It wouldn't otherwise!

Re: ferguson ariva 120hd / 250

Question for Butters. Its sometime since I posted on the Ariva 120. I note your comments on using a C line or N line, have you tried both? I use the patched 2.15b software and run a c line. It does glitch now and again, would an N line work better like you said, have you tried both of these methods? Have you ever tried recording from the FTA side of things and watching different satellite channels?

Question for Butters. Its sometime since I posted on the Ariva 120. I note your comments on using a C line or N line, have you tried both? I use the patched 2.15b software and run a c line. It does glitch now and again, would an N line work better like you said, have you tried both of these methods? Have you ever tried recording from the FTA side of things and watching different satellite channels?

From my experience, and many others too, Newcamd (n lines) is far more stable on this box than CCCam (c lines), so this may be the the cause of your glitching, although it could be sever related too.

As for recording, the 120 is a combo tuner receiver, meaning you can record a satellite channel and watch a terrestrial channel eg, Freeview or Saorview (via aerial input) or the other way around. You can't record a satellite channel and watch another one simultaneously as it does not have a dual tuner

Last edited:
Cool, Thanks Iba.

On a seperate note Iba, does using cccam/newcamd use a lot of internet or just a bit?

It uses a very tiny amount of bandwidth, we're talking bytes here for every request sent! You could literally use an old 56k modem and it would work!

As far as I know, your not actually downloading files, your just receiving a signal

This is all I could think of when I read that...:p

2iqzrrm.jpg

Just realised I have been trying to record one and watch another satellite channel instead of setting the terrestrial to record while watching the satellite channel!! Also have just noticed that when it starts recording the terrestrial the satellite side freezes. I then switch from one channel to another and it goes OK then freezes again. When I click the favourites button it doesn't work and switching to a channel like sly sports freezes. Any thoughts on why it does this?

Will ask for an N line instead of a C line, see if that improves stability!! Its just a shame we cannot get a 7 day EPG on this as would not need another box then!!

Strange, when I record a satellite channel and watch a terrestrial channel there is no problem, however, when I do it the other way round it doesn't work. Any thoughts?

Strange, when I record a satellite channel and watch a terrestrial channel there is no problem, however, when I do it the other way round it doesn't work. Any thoughts?

What firmware are you using mate?

Hi Butters,
Thanks for your reply earlier.
When I try to ping that server it says failed on this box and i cant login my line either. Although i think ive entered it in correctly. I have taken a pic ot this so if u can pm me ur email i can sent it to u to view for ur opinion. I have sucessfully obtained an ip on the ariva and the dhcp is set to on. very confused! I have emailed the provider but he hasnt replied yet.
Cheers
Willy

Hi Butters,
Thanks for your reply earlier.
When I try to ping that server it says failed on this box and i cant login my line either. Although i think ive entered it in correctly. I have taken a pic ot this so if u can pm me ur email i can sent it to u to view for ur opinion. I have sucessfully obtained an ip on the ariva and the dhcp is set to on. very confused! I have emailed the provider but he hasnt replied yet.
Cheers
Willy

Just PM me the picture mate, upload it for free to imageshack and then send the link to me.

Hi Butters,

Hope all is well with you. Do you know if a patched version of the latest firmware is out yet? If yes, do you have it or know where to get it?

Regards

Hi Butters,

Hope all is well with you. Do you know if a patched version of the latest firmware is out yet? If yes, do you have it or know where to get it?

Regards

Hi Iba it is and ive it installed. I cant remember where get it but i googled it and it was there somewhere. I have it installed but am having trouble installing my test line. Even on older patches :(

Back