ferguson ariva 120hd

Re: ferguson ariva 120hd / 250

Hi Iba it is and ive it installed. I cant remember where get it but i googled it and it was there somewhere. I have it installed but am having trouble installing my test line. Even on older patches :(

Hi,

I remember I tried before to do the whole thing one Friday nite and no matter what I did, I couldnt get it to work. Went to bed, tried again on the Saturday morning and it worked 1st time although Im sure I was following teh correct procedures on the Friday nite.

I dont recall the exact procedures off hand, but I do remeber that you must do a Factory Reset at some stage and make sure that DHCP is on. I also found that it was a lot easier to do it from my laptop browser than from within the Ariva menu. I also plugged out all my other internet connected devices from my router such as TV, PS3 etc in case these were causing problems.

Regards

sorry Firmware is 2.15B5 Patched

That's the patch I'd recommend. There's no need to update to the latest patches when they are released, they don't necessarily mean they are better, and a lot of times some of the older patches can be more stable. You only really need to try newer versions if you are having issues on your current firmware such as lip sync etc.

Hi Butters,

Hope all is well with you. Do you know if a patched version of the latest firmware is out yet? If yes, do you have it or know where to get it?

Regards

Hey Iba, yes the latest patch was released a few days ago, you can download it here

I've sent PM's to Iba and jay5296 but I'm not sure if you received them, there seems to be some issues with the forum

That's all my PM was about Iba, didn want to post that info on the thread in case it was against forum rules.

I think u have to change the setting from newcamd to ccam or something - I dont know off hand what the difference options are

I understand that some providers only have cline and dont have nline so perhaps thats why u got what u got

Maybe its more stable now, I dont know - a guy called Busted who posts in the 150 and 250 threads, knows a lot about this though - perhaps u can ask him

Cheers Again Iba,
It was just to try out Al Jazeera & Cyfra+ but cccam is indeed a bit bad can be grand then I go change channel and it scrambled! Mainly OK Its just a couple of channels giving me the problem.

I think il stick to what i have until the summer when my subscripton cards expire.

Thanks butters,got the list on the box today.
Setanta and setanta ireland not coming in though,was there a frequency change?

No those channels haven't moved frequency in a long time. Are you sure the server that you're using clears them?

I've sent PM's to Iba and jay5296 but I'm not sure if you received them, there seems to be some issues with the forum

Yeah recieved that reply Butters regarding Euro's.

Hi lads, Im just wondering is it possible to use a c line in newcamd somehow?
I hear newcamd is stable on the Ariva 120 whereas cccam is not.
Ive got a test line i want to try later when im finished work but its a c line. (Even though I asked for a N line)
Prob should mention im running latest patch so maybe this isn't an issue anymore?

Hi Willy, as Iba said run c line with cccam and n line with newcamd. With the 120 i find the n line to be more stable and i would also recommend the the old reliable patch that Butters has recommended in previous posts

That's the patch I'd recommend. There's no need to update to the latest patches when they are released, they don't necessarily mean they are better, and a lot of times some of the older patches can be more stable. You only really need to try newer versions if you are having issues on your current firmware such as lip sync etc.

Hey Butters,

Quick question you might be able to help with.

on my ariva 120, which is patched with the B5 versions firmware, when i turn on the box i get all the channels unscrambled, however if I switch to freeview channels for a period of time, when I switch back to my premium channels are scrambled and i have to turn box off an on again.

Is there a fix for this or is it something you have seen before.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I have had to delete a few posts to try keep us away from all out cs talk,can you be more general in your wording please,

some of the posts could probably have been edited but I havent got the time tbh so if your missing something important from one of the post let me know

Hi,

This is a known problem - the below quote is from Mickah in the Ariva 250 thread:

'I found out why the box is doing this, basically if your line provider is providing the Nline from either OSCAM or CCAM, then the Ariva has issues with clearing from FTA to encrypted, I got a line from a mate, who supplied me a line from NEWCAMD client on his box and voila the box cleared every chan, hours after watching a FTA, Ariva firmware doesnt support OSCAM and CCAM is rubbish on this box, so if your line is derived from either, then you will have the hassle i have had'

Back